Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yep...

Incredible... this accumulation of taupe dog-hair, bad dog-breath & yawning morning boredom is an intuitive genius. Well, that may be exaggerating a bit but... I just want to tell you how strong Our Man/Dog Symbiosis is...

The Short-person & I had 8 for dinner the other Saturday night. I embarrassingly had to shoot out of the house... mind you, without The Dog!!! How could I take an animal that has to sniff & pee every three feet? I was in a beeg hurry too!!!... to run across the street to the Bangladeshi convenience store for some milk. I had forgotten to buy it at the super-beeg new BASKO grocery store. It's right after the scuzzy park at the subway stop down the street from us. Whew! And, the coffee was being served back at home.
The Dog was slumbering on Bed Number 2... the Upstairs One... whilst I dashed out the front door. The Dog noted my departure by raising his head to see in which direction I had fled. Too stressed by the commotion of our dinner party, he resumed his Nap Number 58-C. However, by the time I had come back from my quick outing, there was Mr. Moses.... tail wagging at 150 beats a minute... in our Entry Hall. He was waiting for me!!! Our guests told me afterwards... when I managed to sit down & join the dinner party... that The Dog suddenly got off his bed & came downstairs & headed to the front door. A couple of minutes later, in I waltzed. Yep. The Dog intuited My Arrival. Is that not...? Is not...? Is that not damn special? Gads.

No comments:

Post a Comment