Saturday, January 30, 2010

A rough night...

Addictions can be sooooo wearing on those near & dear to The Addict...
The Dog kept waking me up last night doing his I Want Bread! Dance. It's an interpretive number, expressing The Desperate Desire... or Hardened Need... on the part of The Dog... for the tasty crunch of a piece of whole wheat bread. The choreography entails considerable licking, jumping up & down and Weimaraner nose pointing in conjunction with running back & forth towards the Kitchen. He did so three times... at 2:10, 3:36 & 5:10. And, every time... at 2:11, 3:37 & 5:19. The last time I got up to pee before imposing Discipline... I had to dispatch The Dog al suo posto... conveniently located next to my bed... dammit! Naturally, The Dog is very put-out with me this morning. He gives me a low Weimaraner HAR-RUMPH when I speak to him. I think what would be in order is a brisk w-a-l-k in our below-Freezing temps, thanks to a recurring Siberian wind we are so lucky to have. Maybe the icy air will clear The Dog's nostrils of a scent for b-r-e-a-d. Gads.

No comments:

Post a Comment