Monday, December 14, 2009

New cold-weather rain slicker...

The Dog Sitter forgot to give me back The Dog's spiffy lined rain-slicker when I came to retrieve him after my return from Thanksgiving in America.
Coincidentally, the thermometer dropped into negative numbers and The Dog had no wrap. So, off I went to my favorite pet-shop to procure him another. And, what did I find? An even spiffier lined cold-weather wrap. It has velcro straps and only one tiny insidious elastic ribbon for The Dog's tail.

The architecture of this outfit is depended upon getting that ribbon onto The Dog's tail.  He automatically retracts his surgically-shortened Weimaraner tail, making it damn hard for me to get this vital element on him correctly. Co-operation is not one of The Dog's many Virtues.

Anyway, once the ribbon is secured on, it's a piece of bread... with the nifty velcro straps, both front & mid-trunk.
I adore the shush-shush-shushing noise of the washable nylon & synthetic cold-weather pile lining. THE DOG HATES IT!!! He tries to hide as a wall.

So be it. He can't seem to appreciate all the trouble I've gone to in order to protect him from freezing his Weimaraner balls off... if he still had them.
Now, if only Mankind would invent ear cuffs for dogs, the outfit would be complete!!! Gads.

No comments:

Post a Comment