Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dog in the heat...

It has been violently hot here this summer. It still is too. The days alternate from a convection oven to a steam bath with hardly a variation in the heat or humidity. The temp seems to always hover around 100+.
This is NOT good weather for a Weimaraner. 
I am a bit amazed we even made it to this little non-descript park today. It's down this major artery from our apartment in our smog & heat-wave throttled city in the middle of August. And, I am mystified too that the grass is oddly lightly green. Dogs water it. That must be why. 
Normally, The Dog does his Dance to go out, and then, just stands on our apartment building's front stoop, drooling, head in the hang-dog position and his laser eyes glaring up at me like I must be mad. Well, I have to say to The Dog... 
Tis not I, Dog, who asked to be taken out for a w-a-l-k at Noon! 
Naturally, rejecting any Responsibility for his decisions, The Dog turns & points his 30+ kilo Weimaraner body towards the door. This means The Dog wants to return to the Comfort of air-conditioning. Gads.

No comments:

Post a Comment