Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New Canine World Order...

This is the happy countenance of a Weimaraner secure in the notion that he is just one of us. Life was SIMPLER... ever so much simpler... when The Dog thought we were all like him. Sometime between Then & Now, a change occured and I am now socked-in by The Dog's New World Order... dammit! Naturally, this New Entitlement requires the rigourous adherence to the following Regime of Things...
1. The Dog tells me when & where & how we go for one of 4 w-a-l-k-s a day... thankfully, if he doesn't want to go out, WE DON'T GO OUT!
2. The Dog tells me when he is hungry and/or it's Treat Time... he disdains the "healthy" doggie cookies acquired at our local doggie emporium. No. Now, I must ALWAYS have on hand a life-time supply of dried bread, Swiss cheese and/or low-salt chicken hot-dogs. And, those have to be the "Gulliver" brand. Nothing else is accepted! I find it curious though that, apparently, he is not in the least upset by this last item's name. How do you say "C'est la vie" in German?
3. The Dog tells me when it's Play-time too... and his Preferred Hour is exactly when The Short-person has fallen asleep on the moderne sofa in front of the wide screen TV... he barks if I do not immediately toss one of several hundred Special Bones. The trick is for me to figure out which one his barks means... darn-it!
Both The Short-person AND myself... stressed & irritable by this change in canine pyschology or, do I mean politics?... are hoping this is only A Passing Phase in The Dog's Weimaraner Self-developmental Journey... dammit... AND that he will grow out of it very, very soon. Then, we can resume our age old order of..
"Moses! We are Men. You're a Dog!"

No comments:

Post a Comment