Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pretty benign looking creature, isn't he, My Weimaraner? Well, certainly! It's exhausting work to be car-pooled to the Dog Park on a hot Saturday afternoon.









I don't want to know The Truth but, I have this nagging suspicion that Moses is the only Weimaraner... on the face of Poor Down-trodden Mother Earth... who is chauffered in a late model Italian sports-car... with the top down, thanks to our first Heat Wave of the season... across town just for him to Pee & Poop with his canine friends. I would gladly walk him there on foot... it takes about 30 minutes to get there from our house and the route is through the palazzo-strewn historic district of Genoa, a cultural method for me to burn-off too much Ligurian white wine from the previous evening... but, You-know-who flatly refuses. He waits in the elevator until I come to my senses, return inside, press -2 for the car garage and get on with My Contractural Duties as an unpaid conducente del Automobile!
Oh! The days when I was brutally dragged by The Dog 3 times daily on foot to the Dog Park are now only faint strains of Weimaraner Times Past. Now, I am the one who has to nearly throttle The Dog to DEATH with his choke-chain collar, so I can get him off the front stoop of our apartment building. This adventure in yanking is so The Dog will go out & leave a solid waste donation in the minimum green strip of sad grass & plants across the street. Once the deed is done, it is biologically scooped up into a plastic emergency sack and put into a near-by waste container as per The Laws here.
May I say? I am against this policy. People should be encouraged to pick the poop up and carry it over to some quasi-dead plant as nutritious fertilizer. THAT'S BEING ECOLOGICAL!!! And, not this garbage of plastic bags filled with "stinky", which just needs our valueable energy resources to be dealt with, and so on and so forth. The next time you see & say... "Ooooo, ca-ca!"... remember to change course & action by beginning to think... "Ooooo, fertilizer for my azaleas!"
The Dog could care less about any of this. It is his confort which concerns him. Mother Earth can take a number... Bitte Schoen. And, me too! The Dog is oblivious to the fact that it is against The Other Laws here to transport A Dog in the same part of the car as for the Human Cargo and/or Conducente del Automobile!!! Naturally, some super-intelligent Italian parlimentarian did not take into consideration that anyone would think...much less dare... to put a dog in a sports-car. Well, I did AND do. Thank God! I have a Swiss car-tag. No. Don't ask! Anyway, Moses is only allowed to curl-up on the only other seat available and try to look like car upholstery. So far, so good, with much thanks to The Dog's mimetic taupe color.
How does one say... esasperating... in German? Or, in Swiss?




1 comment:

  1. wow i am touched that you took my suggestion to heart! moses as usual.. (a beautiful dog), looks simply exhausted, what a life, i look forward to more! xo

    ReplyDelete